4-days: Touring the Iron Ore trail at Sörbyn Lodge
4 days, 3 nights
This program includes a half-day snowmobile tour and a half-day dog sledding tour where your will travel on this historical trail.
The Iron Ore trail is a historical route from the mines in Gällivare to the coast in Råneå, a total of 200 km long. From 1774 to 1882 they used it to transport the iron ore with reindeer and horses. The Iron Ore trail still exists today and passes the most beautiful and natural places in the area.
- Arrival at LuleåAirport
- Transfer to Sörbyn lodge
- 2-course dinner
- Snowmobile Safari - Half day.
The tour starts with an instruction about how to handle the snowmobile. Then we start the safari along the frozen Råne river on the Iron Ore trail. We will pass through different landscapes until we reach Gumberget Mountain with its spectacular view. Here we make a stop for an outdoor fika before we head back.
- 2-course dinner.
- Husky tour - Half day.
You will meet the dogs and together with the guide you prepare them for the tour. You get instructions and together with a friend you will drive your own dogteam. Dog sledding is an experience above the ordinary, gliding through the white landscape with only the sound of the paws against the snow. A warm fika is included.
- 2-course dinner.
- Transfer to Luleå Airport.
Pricing is based on:
- 2 adults in twin/double room in our hotel or cabin or
- 2 adults and 1 to 2 children sharing a cabin
Please contact us for other prices or if you would like to change the program a bit.
Adult: SEK 10.840
Child <12 years: SEK 3.940
Child 12+ years: SEK 7.180
- Transfer from and to Luleå Airport.
- 3 nights at Sörbyn Lodge in a hotel room or a cabin.
- Breakfast 3x.
- 2-course dinner 3x.
- Coffee and tea whenever you want.
- Free wifi.
- Snowmobile safari - half day (it is possible to upgrade to Snowmobile safari - full day).
- Husky tour - half day (it is possible to upgrade to Husky tour - full day).
- Winter clothes during the activities.
- International flight to and from Luleå Airport.
- Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and snacks.
- Lunch (can be booked).
- Optional activities (can be booked).
9 dec 2019 - 12 apr 2020